Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Splish Splash!

Summer is a wonderful, relaxing and free time. But the fun and carefree feeling can fade fast if you or someone you know is not comfortable in or around water. Water safety is a HUGE part of summer, whether you are at the pool, on a boat or visiting the beach. This year I decided to sign Tommy and Annaleah up for Swim Classes. However this does not prevent accidents from occurring, but it gives them a better understanding of how to be safe in and around water. They started by practicing blowing bubbles, most small children hold their nose and take a deep breath, they often end up sucking in water instead of blowing out air. They also have learned to be comfortable in the water, if you are a wiggly worm you will not float. They are also learning how to swim, they are learning big arms, and gliding on the surface, retrieving objects and floating on their backs and back stroke, etc... I know they will be stronger swimmers than I am in no time, and with their knowledge of water safety and their confidence in the water I can watch from arms length rather than be afraid to let them go without me in the water. Make sure you are caught up on water safety and CPR this summer!!! Hope everyone is having a fun and safe Summer!

No comments: