Saturday, April 7, 2012

29 Weeks and Still Flat as a Pancake

Many people are shocked that I am as far along as I am, they give me a confused look and ask "first baby?" I reply "third". I have sometimes received disgusted looks, or the occasional "I hate you!" from other mothers and once a woman told me about the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" and how she didn't think that was possible, but after meeting me she was amazed that some people like myself just don't show.

Every women I have ever met who was expecting have beautiful pregnant curvy bodies, or at least they look pregnant. I get the same feelings as all of those expecting mothers- fatigue, soreness, aches and pains, plus I feel all of the kicks and squirms of my little bundle, I just experience it in my size 3 jeans for the whole 9 months. I do laugh at people who think I must be WAY skinnier before pregnancy, nope I am the same size. Some people think I deliver really tiny babies, but each of my babies have been tall, and healthy. I just carry them in a fashion where they hide. I did wish for a while this pregnancy would be twins, then I would actually look pregnant. But there is just one little bundle in there.

Some of the perks of being really tiny during pregnancy are delivering a baby and automatically having a flat tummy, and working off very little extra weight and being back to my normal self in no time. Sure genetics play a huge part in how I carry a baby and heal after delivery, and I am so grateful for great genes! I just wish other women who are beautifully curvy during pregnancy would be more understanding we are all in the same boat, and going through similar changes and moods. We all want to be healthy during pregnancy, we all are working towards the ultimate goal a happy healthy baby.

No comments: