Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Unwrapped

After a busy weekend with a flooded dining room, two handy men, one plumber, six children, regular everyday chores, late nights and early mornings I decided to just curl up on the couch and watch the television. Anyone who watches television during the day will know there is really nothing on. So I sit there watching the reruns of some food network shows I have already seen then a new episode of "Unwrapped" comes on. Finally something new! I was very excited! This episode was a hot one, from chewy fireballs to extreme hot sauce and chocolate that was so beautiful with a blast of heat I was glued to the television. Now, I have had some really random cravings lately but when I saw a dish that was served at the Cheesecake Factory I had an urgency to try it. I needed to get in the car and drive to the restaurant as quickly as possible to try this chicken, shrimp hot pasta dish!
Usually when I watch television or see something that I would like to have, or eat, I am pretty patient. I can wait for something to come in the mail(having the mail/delivery truck drop off a package is like Christmas to me), I can wait for the clerk to ring up an item and package it up and I don't even peak in the bag until I get home, and I can order food to go and not snack on the french fries in the car when driving to my destination. But something about this episode and that dish made me so impatient that I had to go get lunch! Once we arrived to the Cheesecake Factory we sat ordered beverages and I quickly asked the server about the item I saw on the show. She pointed it out, and let me know it has a strong kick and lots of heat, she also said it was very good and I didn't pay attention to anything she said, other than "it is a popular item and it is very good" I ordered it!
When the Cajun Jambalaya Pasta was placed in front of me I was utterly delighted and couldn't wait to dig in. The Delicious Chicken and Shrimp with sauteed onions, tomato, and peppers coated in a spicy Cajun sauce served over Linguini was just wonderful! Absolutely Brilliant! I even decided to balance out the dish with a slice of cheesecake, the smooth dessert after a spicy hot meal was a perfect way to have lunch! I will be going back for seconds, thirds, etc. Thanks to the show "Unwrapped" and having a Cheesecake Factory nearby it brought a silver lining to my otherwise overcast weekend!

No comments: