We welcomed the new year with fabulous friends, an easy bake oven, Disney Headbands, and prime entertainment. We always get together and celebrate the year that is gone, and dream of what is to be. 2012 was a roller coaster to say the least, but we made it. I am a proud mother of three amazing children, I survived a soccer season with two kids playing and one on my hip, I baked cupcakes, team snacks, took photos, and cheered on two teams. I watched my daughter dance, and my son earn his first awards for cub scouts, and I praised my baby as he first rolled over and sat himself up. I exclusively breastfed(not a single bottle) for a solid six months, I also started making my own baby food. I also beamed with pride when my oldest came home with "Student of the Month" twice in 2012. As we enjoyed our sparkling cider we laughed, and reminisced on how fast the year went by. And we made our plans for the new year, I made a small list of new year resolutions, items I believe I can keep up with all year long:
-go on my four mile walk every weekday
-follow through with what I tell my children
-make more time for "me" time, and time with family and friends
-take more photos, and live in each moment
It is not much of a list, but I am sure I can keep up with it. Every year I make resolutions that sound fantastic on paper, but applying them to every day life was not impossible, but impractical.
I know 2013 will fly by too, and there is soooo much to look forward to; ballet, scouts, weddings, first birthdays, school programs, sports, milestone birthdays, the list goes on...
I picked simple but obviously reasonable resolutions that I know I can keep. I have my new calendar/monthly planner ready to start filling in important dates, reminders, classes, vacations, volunteering opportunities, you name it- it will be on there. The more events, the better. I love to be busy! Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment