Playing "Catch Up" is not fun, or my style. I usually have everything done so far ahead of time, I don't have to think much when the time arrives.
I have been up to my eyeballs in School, Sports, Ballet, Tiny Tykes Events/Story times, and Girl Scouts. Girl Scouts so far takes up the most time, who knew so much training and paper work came along with Teaching and Guiding Little Ladies to become wonderful Young Women. I know all of the work will be worth it, and being so OCD could be a bonus(Because I like things a certain way, so paperwork, planning, and organizing are a breeze).
OCD? You ask, yes, I am that person to make my bed every morning, not just make it, but to make sure the corners are perfect triangles then tucked under the mattress, I'm the person who cannot stand a dirty refrigerator, so it is scrubbed down weekly. My kitchen and bathroom floor are probably clean enough to eat off of. I cannot pass the dining room without rearranging the chairs, and the closets are color coordinated and arranged so you can find exactly what you are looking for in a matter of seconds. And I am that mother who dresses my children alike each holiday, and every time we are out and about(I too dress in similar colors).
So, my crazy eye for detail, my mind full of imagination and creation, and my organization work together to make a fun, exciting leader. Although I have been really busy with Scouts, we did find a day to visit Universal Studios Grinchmas (See photo of my children dressed in Red and White-I too was wearing red and white). We had a great time(always a plus when you are able to visit in the middle of the week and it feels as if you have the park to yourself). I think that even though we passed Christmas Cards, we made sure to do community service by singing carols to a few retirement homes, we visited Build-A-Bear Workshop to make a bear and donate it to children at CHOC who are battling illnesses, and we attended the Christmas Eve Service and minimized the material things and were able to reflect on what the Holiday Season is all about. I still plan on making Holiday Cards, to start a new tradition of New Years Wishes. A card to Celebrate the year that has gone by, and to embrace the bright and wondrous future to come.
Here's to a New Year filled with community service, helping make the world a better place, and watching my kiddos grow in to wonderful, strong, people.

No comments:
Post a Comment