Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Where is My Map??

Life is exciting and adventurous and wonderful but also can be confusing and difficult and unpredictable.

I dreamed about being a nurse my whole life, and when I was studying for my MA I was so excited and ready to jump into the mix. I currently want to do that, but sometimes I am less ecstatic and ready to take on a different challenge. I love party planning, I love the organization and the planning that it takes to put on and host a party, I love paying attention to detail, and if I was to have an endless supply of funds- the party I would throw would be superb!!

I also love interior design shows, I love going into shops where they have home decor set up, and I love to rearrange the pillows on 'staged' beds, and changing vase' around on tables, I just love making things beautiful... and again, my intense attention to detail.

I deeply enjoy taking photos, however this can be in my blood because my grandfather is a wonderful photographer. I love how the light reacts to objects and I love capturing different moments and freezing them in time... yet again, my love for detail and perfection.

I have so many talents and favorite pastimes, I don't know which way I should go. I wish I had a map or at least a compass that would point me in the right direction. I feel so lost, I am not sure if I should go back to school, or if I should take what I already know and run with it. Or if I should do a few years in one profession and change career paths down the road. Why do I feel so lost?? Why do I feel like I am uncertain about a direction I should be taking?? Where do I go from here, how can I be the best example for my children to follow their dreams, if I don't know what mine is??

I often feel like I am walking around in the dark, I need a flashlight that points me in the direction I should be going.

Am I having a mid- 20's crisis?? I know some adventures are still ongoing, and have been fun as well as challenging such as having children, and they are amazing and truly educating to me and I have grown and I know I will continue to grow as a person as I teach them how to be the best people they can possibly be. I got married, I graduated High School as well as a College Trade School, I have worked in many industries and I believe I have truly learned many lessons. But I am soooo confused, and you would think that when you get older and wiser that you would have a clear vision on which path to take. Where is the Gigantic Directory that has the "you are here" sticker.

I am not the type of girl to peek in my Christmas gifts, and I had two surprise baby births, and I enjoy mystery and excitement, and surprise, but which path do I go down now?? And If I choose one and am not interested, can I still choose a U-turn??? Or will I be stuck in a choice forever??

Where is my map?!?!

No comments: