I love, love, love to be busy... the more items penciled onto the calendar the better! I love taking Tommy to school in the morning, and stopping by the park to play on the swings with Annaleah, I love soccer games and practice, I love cub scout meetings and outings, I love sitting down coloring with Annaleah, reading books with Tommy and singing sweet lullaby's, I love shopping with Annaleah(she is a great little helper) I love putting puzzles together, I love driving city to city to get errands accomplished, I love racing around the house to clean, organize, dust, vacuum, and straighten up, I love visiting with my friends, and I love planning events, and making goodies for the soccer team and people! I love the feeling of being busy, the feeling of accomplishment, the desire to never be boring!
In all of the chaos, and with all of the running around I cherish and hold the quiet moments, the moments you can never "redo" like the night Tommy and I made a sleeping bag out of his blanket and laid on the floor staring out the window to the full moon, the small wishes he made under his breath to make sure I couldn't hear his unselfish thoughts. The snuggle bug moments that started out as laughing and being loud was quickly changed to quiet and curiosity as the nearby high school marching band practiced their field show. And the time Annaleah danced like she was auditioning for "Flash dance" in the living room and she was mighty proud of everything she did and was ready for a bath after because she "had to clean off the sweat bugs".
I hold dear the tiny glances my children give to me when they are overjoyed, confused, tired, and those super grumpy faces. The many different muscles they use to express so much without saying a word. Sure I can capture most on camera, but it is the random two second glance that says "mommy you need to know what I am thinking right this minute or I am going to burst into tears because you don't completely understand me right now."
I treasure the moments Annaleah looks up at me and randomly decides to apologize for something although she hasn't done anything wrong, and she still requires a hug and a kiss because she believes it will make me feel better. I prize each moment that Tommy decides to pop his seat belt, plant a kiss on my lips and jumps out of the car saying "mommy I am going to have a great day, you do too!"
These tiny moments, these sweet events that money cannot buy, and these transactions that are non-transferable are ALL MINE!!! No one can duplicate them, no one can take them away from me. I may love to be busy, but one thing I have a habit of doing is noticing the details. These details in my life collaborate and become my oasis, my laughing place, my serenity in the chaos.
No comments:
Post a Comment