Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember September 11th

Ten years ago today a devastating event shook our nation. An event so horrible it took the lives many and changed the lives of all!

In honor of those lost and our country the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts had a flag ceremony at a local church. Tommy was excited to present our colors and he stood there and saluted our country's flag. He was not born, nor could he possibly understand what our nation went through on that scary day, but he stood there in his cub scout uniform as tall as can be and he saluted the red, white and blue with pride.

Following the presentation of the flag they showed a slide show and if I wasn't already in tears from watching my little man in his uniform honoring our country, I was after the slide show.
I was proud to see Tommy recieve his first patch, a patch in honor of our country. I know Tommy is going to grow up so much and these moments are going to fly by! I cannot wait to watch him develop, grow and become a young man before my eyes.

No comments: