Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sweet Valentines Day

Usually Valentines Day is a date night for my honey and I. We drop off the children and go out to an expensive restaurant, eat delicious food, toast over a glass of champagne or a glass of wine, and we find a movie that interests both of us(unless he gives in and decides on the sappy movie, which I feel like watching). This year was simple, but very busy.
The morning started with getting Tommy to School. He was happy to go with the Valentines box he had made, and the valentines he had prepared for his classmates. So it was just Annaleah, Daddy and I. We went to her Ballet class, and watched her dance and get worn out for that hour, and passed out the valentines she scribbled on to the other ballerinas in the class. This made her feel important, and special because the girls also passed out valentines. Tommy's class was hosting a valentines party, so Daddy went to hang out with him. Annaleah and I just stayed home and had naps(she gets very tired after ballet).
After school we headed up to my moms, like we would normally do on this holiday, dropped off the kids and headed to Babies R Us. We walked around the store registering for the items we really need, want and what we believe we must have. I really think he got carried away with the scanner, just scanning everything in sight. We spent a good two hours laughing, deciding, and playing in the store. We finally finished up our registry and headed back to get the kids. We then let my parents go out for a romantic one-on-one dinner and we took the kids and had a family dinner.
Later that night, when we got home, I went onto the computer and looked up everything that was scanned. Most of the clothing was saying "SKIRT" or "PINK". I was worried. We didn't scan any girl clothes, I even asked if he was messing with me. He reassured me that we were indeed in the boy section and we scanned all boy things. I am not sure what is going on with the website, but hopefully our friends and family know we will not be dressing our little man in anything pink, or any form of skirt or dress.
I think by the end of the day everyone was tired, it was a fun valentines day.

No comments: